Prepare the Property for Rent
- Clean home and optimize interior appeal
- Manicure landscaping to increase curb appeal.
Market the Property
Create ads and select the right advertising outlets including:
- Paid and free rental listing websites
- Print publications
- Other Realtors and Agents
- 24-hour hotline with detailed property information
- Weekday and Weekend showings
Tenant Screening and Selection
- Perform a background check to verify identity, income, credit history, rental history, and more.
- Grade tenant according to pre-defined tenant criteria
- Draw up leasing agreement
- Confirm move in date with tenant
- Review lease guidelines with tenant regarding things like rental payment terms and required property maintenance
- Ensure all agreements have been properly executed
- Perform detailed move in inspection with tenant and have tenants sign a report verifying the condition of the property prior to move-in.
- Collect first month’s rent and security deposit
- Confirm receipt of rent
- Track down late payments (if necessary)
- Send out pay or quit notices
- Enforce late fees
- We report rents collected to Experian Credit Bureau
- File relevant paperwork to initiate and complete an unlawful detainer action
- Represent owner in court
- Coordinate with law enforcement to remove tenant and tenants possessions from unit
- Advise in the event of a legal dispute or litigation
- Refer owner to a qualified attorney when necessary
- Understand and abide by the latest local, state and federal legislation that apply to renting and maintaining rental properties.
- Perform periodic inspections (both inside and out) on a predefined schedule looking for repair needs, safety hazards, code violations, lease violations, etc.
- Send owner periodic reports on the condition of the property
- Periodic A/C checks, with pictures
- Annual inspections performed by a Licensed Building Inspector
- Provide property accounting services
- Make payments on behalf of owner (mortgage, insurance, HOA, etc.)
- Maintain all historical records (paid invoices, leases, inspection reports, warranties, etc.)
- Provide annual reporting, structured for tax purposes as well as required tax documents including a 1099 form
- Advise owner on relevant tax deductions related to their rental property
- Provide easy-to-read monthly cash-flow statements with detailed breakdown of income and itemized expense.
- Provide a 24 hour Owner Access Portal
Maintenance, Repairs, and Remodeling
- Provide and oversee an outsourced maintenance crew
- Establish a preventative maintenance plan to deal with repair needs
- Select from a network of licensed, bonded and fully insured contractors who have been vetted for good pricing and good work that is up to code.
- Assign jobs based upon who will do the best job for the best price.
- Maintain outdoor areas
- Leaf and snow removal
- Removing trash and debris
- Maintain and monitor a 24-hour emergency repair hotline
- For larger, renovation or rehab projects
- Provide recommendations on how the project can maximize rental income
- Prepare preliminary cost estimates
- Get multiple independent bids for the work
- Act as general contractor overseeing the work
- Inspect unit and document condition upon move out
- Provide tenant with a copy as well as estimated damages
- Return the balance of the security deposit to the tenant
- Forward any amount of the owner’s portion of the deposit to the owner or hold in owner reserves for necessary repairs
- Clean unit and perform needed repairs or upgrades
- Re-key the locks
- Put the property back on the market for rent
To Get Started: